Oh, I had two really strange dreams this morning. I know it was this morning, because I had the first one after I woke up. Now I'm very rarely myself in my dreams. I'm usually a character in them, but I've only been me a handful of times. I was me this morning.

It was early, probably about six am, and I had decided to get up and write a bit. So I padded into an office (not my office; this one was set up so my computer faced the street. It was our townhouse and not our townhouse, meaning that the outside (the school, the street) was the same, but there is no office on the first floor. Anyway, the windows were open and I remember the white curtains waving in the early morning breeze as I sat down at the computer and turned it on.

Right after I sat down, I heard voices outside. Someone asked, "Is anyone awake?" and I heard someone else groan. The first voice told "Josh" to go check it out, and I heard punches being thrown. (I got the impression from the dream that there were two gangs outside, and the losers were being killed.)

And then the gunfire started. I think it was an automatic weapon; I'm not sure, but it went in short bursts and pretty much scared me to death. So I'm sitting there, at my computer, frozen, and then I realize I need to call 9-1-1. I slide silently to the floor, not wanting to be seen (evidently my computer wasn't making any noise; I remember turning off the monitor), and just after I get to a shadowy spot, I see a guy in the doorway, looking around.

Either I was in sufficient shadow not to be seen or he wasn't looking very hard (it was my dream, after all,) because he didn't see me even though I saw him. And after he left and I heard the door shut behind him (Yes, I heard this over the shouts and gunfire; I was lying there thinking, okay, why aren't the police already here?) I crawled up the stairs to this office (I have no idea why my computer wasn't in it, but there was another computer on my desk, so go figure that. Anyway, I tried the phone, but it was dead, so I was going to give up when I remembered I'd plugged in my cell phone the previous night and it was on my desk. So I punched in 9-1-1 in the dark, and then heard the front door open again. Either they'd heard me or were suspicious, because now it seemed they were going to go upstairs (evidently the melodious sounds of Chris snoring wasn't enough to prove we were asleep.) So I skedaddled back to bed, and I couldn't seem to get my sandals off, so I slid in with them still on my feet. I figured if they woke us up, they'd know the game was up, and if they found my cell phone on my desk (I had dialed, pressed send, and then heard the voices and left the connection open), they'd know I was onto them.

So as soon as I crawled into bed, Chris woke up, heard the gunfire, etc., and I whispered, "Don't move, they're in the house." And I drifted out of the dream while I was lying there waiting for these guys to walk up the stairs.

Weird!! I woke up, of course, and lay in bed for a little while with that scary feeling in my chest, but I heard no guufire or voices, so I went back to sleep. *g* And then I had another dream, but I can't seem to remember it. Maybe I will later on.

Anyway. Just thought I'd get that down on 'paper'.

More later...

Comments

Popular Posts