Home again, home again.

Well, current count on AbNo the Smoosh is 45,050. Not bad for a day's work, considering we had the second (and last) part of the stupid meeting today. Luckily, it didn't last all day long. I think I would have fallen asleep if it had.

In other news... just getting home, because we went out to eat. So now I'm sitting here, ready to write a bit before I have to go down the basement and pack up more things. Yes, I'm going back to the PO tonight. I couldn't carry everything last night.

Other than that, though, things are ok here. I'm cutting down on my internet time for a while, not on email and such, really, but on actual surfing time. I spend far too much time playing when I should be writing.

I've already ignored all of my web-based 90 of my YahooGroups for a week and a half, and I don't miss them much at all. I'll probably still stay subbed, but I don't have enough time to fool around with endless debates anymore.

That's what happens when you try to simplify your life, after all. You have to give things up.

Currently, I'm kicking around the idea of having three official WIPs at a time. One would be my "home computer" WIP, and written in the evenings. One would be my "Visor" WIP, and written over my lunch hours and/or when I'm away from my computer. And one would be my "work" WIP, and written when, well... *g* you figure it out.

But this way, I'd have three distinct WIPs, I'd be able to switch between them without much trouble at all, and I'd probably get rid of some of this backlog. I might even reserve the "work" WIP for editing. (And just so you don't start getting mad at me; I DO get my work done. This is when I'm waiting on something, or have nothing else to do. Which happens quite a bit. If I don't pace myself at work, I end up getting everything I have to get done on Tuesday, and the rest of the week is twiddle-thumb time.)

So once I get the Visor, SYWTBAV will be my Visor WIP. AbNo the Smoosh and its sequel will be my work WIP, and The Ninth Guest, the next Jacob Lane book, will probably be my home WIP. We'll see how that works out. :)

Anyway, I need to go take care of something downstairs, and then I'm going to write for a bit before I hit the PO. And if I get everything taken today, I won't have a thing to take tomorrow. That would be so nice!

More later, I'm sure...

Comments

Popular Posts