Gnashing my teeth this morning... my computer is dying a slow death, and so Dad offered to let me use his old computer until his computer guy can check out mine and see what's wrong with it. Okay, I think, great. I'll just transfer two applications I need: WinZip and QuickWord, and be off. I already have all my documents on disks, so I'd be set.

Yeah, right.

QuickWord is something like 7 or 8 megabytes large, and I only have a floppy disk drive to work with. WinZip is a hair too big to fit on a floppy, which doesn't help either. Now, the old computer has an external modem, so it might be possible to hook it up and email myself the files, but can you imagine how long it would take for a 7 or 8 meg file to transfer through a dial-up?!

The whole idea is that I don't want to have all my stuff on Dad's computer, after all. Why do these things have to be so difficult?!

Comments

Popular Posts