Tonight, for a solid hour, I wrote. It felt very good. I'm not sure where TNG is going at the moment, but I hope it's as interesting to read as it is to write. I will hesitate to say I'm out of this funk, but I'm going to attempt to stick to my resolution and write at least 1k a day until I get back into the habit again.

I reread TTG last night. Again, it wasn't as bad as I feared. There will be some continuity problems, especially when I put HD and F&W in the mix, but oh well. If you read the entire Discworld series front to back some things don't make sense either, so I'm not really worried about that. And my fans, whomever they may be, can always create errata webpages to catch all of my mistakes.

It's funny, though. There are things in TTG that I didn't consciously add from my childhood. In HD too, I realized after I read my nice pretty paperback of TTG. The tree in the circle really existed at one time... The woods behind Jacob's house are the woods behind my house (albeit without dragons...) I always had a recurring wish to find a skeleton under a tree or in my diggings in the backyard dump...

I guess life does truly imitate art. Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts