Oh, Christmas was fun. Unfortunately, Ethan woke up with a fever and a cough this morning, so we're canceling tonight's Christmas. But that's ok... we'd rather Ethan feel better. So, if you have any spare good thoughts, send them to my favorite nephew. :)

This is what I found for Jessica on Monday. Em and Bekah went in on it with me, and I devised a sneaky way to surprise Jess when she opened that present. :)

I put a note in the rather large box it came in that said "OMAGOSH! (her car license plate) Your next gift is on the front seat of your car." She opened that first, and Em kept watch as she went outside and found a copy of her Christmas list on the front seat with the "life-sized poster of Legolas" underlined. While she was occupied, I ran upstairs and liberated Legolas from my bathroom closet. Then I carried him downstairs, stuck him over where the TV is kept, and put a big bow over one of his shoulders.

Jess walked in going, "I don't get it." She would have screamed, I think, when she saw Legolas standing there, but her voice isn't back to normal yet. So she let out a yelp, Bekah took a picture, and Jess proceeded to pretend (I think) to faint. :)

And then she started crying. After that, the rest of the day was a bit anti-climactic.

Among the cool stuff I got yesterday was Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD (which we watched last night), Charles DeLint's newest book, some green tea with rice (!!! My sis says it's the big thing in Japan nowadays. It tastes... nutty), a robe, a Very Interesting porcelain fountain, some NBC figures done by a Japanese designer (they look like Lego figures!), and a bunch of other stuff. It was a blast, everyone liked my gifts, and that's what counts most of all.

Today... well, since our guests aren't coming, I think I'll make a concentrated effort to clean up my room. It would be nice to have Saturday and Sunday to write, crochet, and basically do what I want. :)

Comments

Popular Posts