Well, NaNoWriMo is over.

I didn't make 50k. In fact, I doubt I made 30k (yet.) Which I should have known would happen... having two craft shows in the midst of all of that really isn't conductive to getting a lot written. (It's hard to concentrate on both writing and crafts--especially NEW crafts, like the bears--at the same time.) And I was sick all last week and did just about nothing.

Anyway. Do I really care? No, not really. But I did start writing again last night, and wrote quite a bit on CtS before I gave into the siren song of a Faye Kellerman novel (I've been reading while sick, as usual.)

I definitely don't read as much as I used to. But when I get on a reading kick, I reread, and I'm in the process of doing that now. Of course, it helps if I have the entire series or whatnot, which I don't. :)

This brings me to a point, though: out of 17 items on my Christmas List, there's only one fiction book (Charles DeLint's newest.) That's sad. Once upon a time, I'd have at least ten new books on my Christmas List--or I would have bought them already. Hmm. I'm not going to reiterate my post about the price of books these days, but I will say one thing: That's not the only reason I don't read as much.

But I did, however, manage to get most of my Christmas shopping done this weekend without going to a single store. :) Yay for internet shopping! I have three people completely finished. My goal is to have everyone finished asap, so I can sit back and relax. Which sounds good to me!

Anyway, I'm home today, and working a bit before I go do stuff I want to do. :)

Comments

Popular Posts