I read a suggestion on a knitting site somewhere that you can use the same size needles for a hat, get as small as you can go, and then drawstring the rest, and perhaps sew it a little to close up the hole.

I finished the new hat tonight, using that suggestion. Not only did it work; it looks great! And you can't even tell I messed up when I turned it inside out, so that's the side I'm going to use. Yay.

I will post pics later, I think. Have to find a disk for the camera.

So I guess that pretty much destroys my reluctance to knit hats. Especially if they all look as cool as this one does. I'm really proud of myself with this one. It looks almost professional. *g*

Used Bernat chunky yarn, too, in medium green. Lovely yarn to work with.

Almost done with the lopi scarf, too. I decided just to add on the rest with the gray, and it doesn't look bad at all. I *might* make a hat to match with the gray or the red; I haven't decided yet. We'll see.

Have not progressed on the sweaters. Maybe tomorrow, a little. Not sure.

Designing patterns for knitting should be an interesting thing to do. I tried to do letters, and came through with a passable 'J', but the bumpy parts weren't on the right sides for part of it. You can read it, but it's not quite right. So I'm still working on that.

I think part of the problem is that I knitted it flat, and got a bit confused as to when to knit and when to purl. It might be easier using a circular needle. So I might attempt to do Jessica a hat with her name on it or something. Or maybe Bethel-Tate. Or something she would wear.

I remain hopeful, however, that I can do an alphabet something-or-other in the near future.

And I haven't even tried to cable yet!

Comments

Popular Posts