On SCR, Hedgehogs, and... tubing?

SCR is past 31k. My goal for the weekend is 35k. This should be doable, especially if it snows/rains/ices tomorrow and I don't have to go anywhere.

Kyren's in bad straits. Not going to say more than that, but he's not a happy camper at the moment.

This morning, I ran up to the Feed Store to see about cat toys... and found baby rawhide bones (another recommendation.) So I bought some, and stuck one in her cage. So far, she's ignored it. Later on, I read at Hedgehog Central that they can be litter trained, so I figured I might as well try and see if it works. So I went to Family Dollar, and purchased a plastic container for the litter, some litter, and some poufy pompom type cat toy balls.

Yesterday afternoon after I brought her home, I stuck her in a cardboard box to play while I cleaned out the cage and got it ready. I gave her a toilet paper tube, 'cause all the websites said they love to play with toilet paper tubes. So as I was fixing up the cage, I started to hear this ungodly racket inside the box. (I had put the little box she came in inside the box, 'cause I figured she'd want a place to hide.)

Well, she had the tp tube over her head, and she was walking around like that, making a racket! I thought it was stuck on her head, so I pulled it off. She gave me a dirty look and vanished into the little box.

Well, it turns out that it wasn't stuck. That's just how hedgehogs play with tp tubes. It's called "tubing" (haha.) And one of the things they like to do sometimes is scoop up the cat toy balls and play with them.

So I put another one in the cage. When we got home from lunch, I discovered that she had been tubing, only the tube had run into some poop I missed (hard to see it sometimes) and gotten dirty. So she wiped it across one side of the aquarium and then deposited the poopy tube in her food bowl.

Silly.

I cleaned up the mess, got rid of the poop, and found another tp tube in the bathroom. Ten minutes ago, she woke up, found it, and did the little ball scooping trick I read about on the website.

She left the ball in the food bowl this time. I wonder if she's trying to tell me something?

Oh, btw, she likes Purina One Chicken and Rice formula, made with Real Chicken. She ate every scrap of food I had out for her all night long.

Sound echoes inside the aquarium, btw. The aquarium is in my room. You figure out how much sleep I got last night. :)

Comments

Popular Posts