I'm *this* close to 35k. Hope to get there tonight.

Michael and the demon are skirting around an issue the demon won't raise--basically it's trapped and knows enough of the future to realize that eternal servitude to the elf who summoned it would not be a Good Thing at all. It wants Michael to promise to free it--a favor, it says.

But Council members don't grant favors to Hell.

And the demon "dares not" give Michael any pertinent information about the summoner--like a name--so Michael's no better off than before.

I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty frustrated by now if I were Michael.

Not to mention that the demon's mistress sent it to feed, which means another innocent life gone... not to mention that there's a plot afoot to drive the Hunt and everyone else out of Faerie for good... not to mention that Kyren (of HD, BC, and F&W) is in trouble...

Not to mention that Michael has a martyr streak a mile wide...

I'm not sure what will happen. I have a vague inkling in my mind, but what I think will happen is always subject to much change.

But this is shaping up to be a very interesting book, and character development is rife throughout. Yay. Fun. For me, at least.

Comments

Popular Posts