Well, the Vatican exhibit was very cool, except for the hordes of people there. (There were over 100 in our 'group' to start with, plus everyone else. They chartered a Croswell bus to go, but we drove ourselves.) Evidently, this is a big thing, appearing in only four (or so) museums in the entire USA.

And it was really neat. My favorite thing was the crown (it's called something else, but I can't remember what) that Napoleon gave the Pope at that time that was made with gems looted from the Vatican six years before. Only the crown was too small for the Pope's head. (It probably fit Napoleon's head, though.)

There were very intricate vestments, and shoes, even! And rings, and finger bones, and a piece of St. Gregory's skull. It's well worth seeing, but it would have been better without the crowds. It got very hot while we were waiting to get in.

We went to Pomodori's pizza afterwards, which is our usual place to go when we're in the city (last time we were in the city was May 2003, so we don't get there often.) Wood-fired pizzas... yum. We got home earlier than expected, too, which was nice.

I wrote on the way down a bit, and brought my knitting, but I didn't really have any chance to do much there. And for the past couple of hours I've been writing Nathaniel's chapter (he didn't get yelled at.) I'm going to go upstairs in a minute or two and write some more.

Oh, and Vicki... well... I finished up Michael and Sarah's chapter and... :) I was a bit surprised at what happened, myself.

Comments

Popular Posts