Happy Spring!

It's cold outside today, but not too bad in the sun. I think it was 22 this morning.

A preliminary check of the little garden shows some surprising results! So far, all the mint, lemon balm, cress, and chives are sprouting. I didn't expect the cress or the lemon balm to be perrenial, but I'm not complaining. The chives are about six inches tall at the moment.

I'm not sure about the tarragon. It might come back. We'll see. I'm not sure about the other herbs I had planted late, some of which I can't remember the names, but again, we'll see. It looks like I won't have to plant much at all this year. Which is nice!

In the greenhouse, everything except for two pots of lemon thyme has survived. I'm not sure why the lemon thyme didn't survive. The rosemary, lavender, yellow-eyed grass, patchouli, lemon eucalyptus, and lemon verbena are all alive and sprouting. Oh, yeah... the lemongrass survived as well. (I seem to have a lemon theme going on here...)

So let's see. So far, I've only ordered a couple of things from Parks Seeds. A cranberry bush, which should be interesting, and some flower seeds. Depending on whether or not the sweet peas come back, I might get some more of them (but not nearly as many as last year.)

It's spring, even though it's cold outside. I want to go play in the dirt. :)

Comments

Popular Posts