The post below was started on Friday, but I forgot to finish it and post it. We were having computer problems. (That probably explains why my review is not posted on EbookReader yet, too. Yeah, that's my excuse.)

Last night, I didn't feed the animals until much later than usual. I like to feed in daylight, because it's much easier to do it without the added bulk of a flashlight to worry about, but because of the computer problems (and Mom's car problems) I didn't get home until late.

So I'm walking outside in the dark with Dad's big torch flashlight, and I kept hearing this weird noise. It sounded like some tiny animal racing away from me in the grass. Sort of like a "schlooooop/rustle" sound. But every time I aimed the light towards the sound, I didn't see a thing. It was a bit spooky, actually.

I didn't realize what the noise was until I got to Max's spot, which is bare dirt. I have to watch out for piles o' poop, so I aimed the light towards the ground--and saw at least four dozen huge nightcrawlers stretched out over the ground. As soon as the light hit them, they "schloooooped/rustled" back into their holes. (I will admit to a bit of glee shining the light and watching them schloop.)

It was the coolest thing. (Doesn't take much to make me happy.) And so, I kept my light on all the way back to the house, and heard them vanishing back into their holes as I walked.

Of course, I probably stepped on a couple when I walked across the side yard the first time, because I didn't use the light then. (Although I should. With five cats, you have to watch out for piles 'o poop in the grass as well.)

So that was my moment of amusement last night. :)

Comments

Popular Posts