For Lent this year, I am planning to do two things. One of those is eliminate High Fructose Corn Syrup from my diet and the other is find 15 frigging (!!!! I have no excuse!) minutes to do one of the three 'Morning Cup of' yoga, stretching, or pilates that I own per day. (When the snow melts and the weather is nicer, I will be riding my bike.)

I am telling myself this is for 40 days only, but if I can stick it out that long, then why not continue?

Now I have read up on HFCS a bit, and I realize this is going to be hard to do (my Dad gave me a week; he already does it, but he says it's harder than it would seem.) I realize they stick it in stuff it shouldn't be in, like bread and crackers and stuff, but can anyone recommend any brands that I would be able to find at a grocery store vs. traipsing all over town? I especially need crackers and yogurt. I can make my own bread. I can make my own crackers, too, I realize, and my own yogurt, but I'm not going to go that far quite yet. :)

At the moment, I really don't eat *that* much HFCS anyway. It's in the bread I eat and the crackers. It's in Oreos, dammit, so no more Oreos for me. I drink tea pretty exclusively, and only rarely drink soda, so I will just not drink it anymore.

If I go to a restaurant, though, what kinds of things should I be on the lookout not to order? I don't eat out much. I make my own soup for lunches, etc. for the most part. It is not in my spaghetti sauce, thank goodness. I am assuming it's not in most pasta either, but I haven't checked.

So any advice?

Comments

Unknown said…
I forgot! Check your condiment labels, especially the ketchup, but anything that might be sweet (bbq sauce, honey mustard, etc).
Rife with HFCS, those darn condiments. Right depressing.

Popular Posts