(These are current blooms. Obviously this gebera daisy likes it in the bay window.)

I have wine, or at least what hopefully will end up as wine.

It's sleeting at the moment--we went to the grocery store in the rain and when we came out, the car was covered with ice. I had to pick up the last few ingredients for my wine, and we were out of other things, like cereal and milk. You know, important stuff!

I weeded my quilts today, and decided I could part with five of them. This gives me a bit of room, but not much, since I bought three at the auction last weekend. I probably need to go through them once more, but oh well. Hopefully five will be enough. (There may be six, if I decide to sell the other quilt top I have.)

I am counting the cutting down of the Honeysuckle Vine from Hell as exercise for today--and it was, really. I'm not just saying that.

And I saw Tropicana Cranberry Juice Cocktail at the grocery store. It looked quite yummy, until I read the ingredients. The first ingredient was filtered water. The second ingredient was High Fructose Corn Syrup. No thanks!

Oh, and speaking of HFCS, last night at dinner we had a salad, and I read the ingredients on Mom and Dad's expired Russian dressing (It smells fine. Expired in 2005, though. But still okay, because no one has died yet.) Well, I had checked the Russian dressing at the grocery store, and it had HFCS as one of the first ingredients (if not the first.) Surprisingly, the expired dressing didn't have it at all. Sugar, yes. But no HFCS. Doesn't that suck?

Comments

Popular Posts