I am accumulating quite a large pile of auction/yardsale/Goodwill items, and that's because I'm going through everything. This is a task that takes up quite a bit of time, and obviously I have to devote time to do it. It's an important task and something that needs to be done, not just because it makes the house look nicer, but because with this stuff gone, I will hopefully have a bit more money in my savings account, but also less clutter in the house.

So obviously I've fallen by the wayside for the novel in 90 that I joined, and obviously I'm not getting much of anything else done on the weekends.

This will soon change, because the three most difficult rooms: the kitchen, the laundry room, and the office, were on my list first. (I'm still not done in the dining room, but it does look a lot better. Still very cluttered, since that's where I'm putting the auction/yardsale/Goodwill stuff, but a lot cleaner than it was.

The 'zone' idea worked in a fashion, but the picking zones to work on over the weekend didn't. What I really wanted to accomplish was the cleaning of my office, the laundry room, and the kitchen. With those out of the way (and ongoing cleaning continuing), I can concentrate on the lesser messes.

I feel very good about this current incarnation of the office. It seems that it will be very workable, but I'm going to wait a bit to try the workability of it out.

Since it's already February, I'm going to continue to clean on the weekends (and when the mood strikes me, during the week) in February, and aim to have to house completely done (minus the basement and the shed, but including Bekah and Ethan's rooms, which will be a challenge to get done, but there's no excuse not to, really) by the end of the month. In March, I'm going to aim to start the auctions, probably around 10 a week, and what doesn't sell will be put in the yard sale pile. If it doesn't sell at the yard sale (which will be in April, more than likely), I will give it to Goodwill.

Auctions will last the rest of the year, more than likely, but since I'm cataloguing and taking photos as I go, and since everything will be kept and catalogued from the same room, this should be a minimal drain on my time.

By March I want to have a schedule worked out for the weekends to actually get some writing done, since at the moment, my writing is done exclusively during the week. And since I will have things more organized and I intend to keep it that way, I want to finish what I need to finish and work on other things as well.

Crafting-wise, I am aiming to make a quilt using this pattern (from my quilt block book; it doesn't look to be very difficult, at least for a beginner) for myself because I want to have a quilt that I make for myself--it will be machine stitched on my Featherweight--and I will continue to make dolls. I want to start making things for the craft shows in March as well, especially if I intend to set up at the Herb Festival in October, which is my usual crafting month.

I will not need to buy any fabric for the quilt. Or anything else, for that matter.

I also need to set aside some money and buy some basic pantry foodstuff that we never seem to buy and always could use to have around the house. I need to make a list of stuff for this; it seems we have a lot of food, but then again, when I go to find something to eat, we don't. So I need to fix that problem, if it's really a problem. Among other things.

But right now, I need to get moving on my list before the day is gone and I haven't gotten a thing done.

Comments

Popular Posts