I have been having fits with Netscape since last night. I'm not sure what's going on, but it keeps freezing, and then takes forever to come back. So I cleaned out everything I could think of, and hopefully something I did will have worked, because this is irritating!

I did go to the auction with Mom and Dad today, and we were there all day. I didn't get back home until around 5pm. Yikes! But I ended up buying three old quilts, an old blanket for Mabel, and a twisted glass cane. It is too cool. It will go on ebay, too, so there will be lots of pictures.

It wasn't a boxlot auction, by any means. It was all mostly good stuff. But the excess of Longaberger baskets (or however you spell that) was just way too annoying. I can only say that it's about as annoying as people spending so much money for Beanie Babies way back when.

I did not end up with a crock for my wine, but Dad bought a crock jar that is probably a little shorter than Ethan and twice as heavy. It's huge! I'm not quite sure where he's going to put it.

My quilts are very nice. They are all hand quilted and definitely old. I'm pretty sure I'll keep them all, but who knows? I might decide to sell one; we'll see. There were quite a few quilts at the auction, and most of them went for really great prices. If I had about $300 I could have bought most of them, if not all of them. But alas, even with my few purchases, I did go over my budget for the auction a bit.

So since I got absolutely nothing done today, I'm planning to work on my pile in the living room tomorrow (Bekah cleaned and put all my stuff in a pile) and do the dishes so we can keep up with them. Among other things. I might bake a loaf or two of bread too if I have time. The nice thing is that I'm off Monday because of the holiday, so next week's workweek will be nice and short.

(Netscape has frozen twice so far as I write this. ARGH! I wish I knew what the deal was; I'd fix it! But according to all my software, my computer is clean. Grrrrr.)

Comments

Popular Posts