Well, my bed is already full of fabric and I haven't even touched the fabric still on the shelves. Hmm. This might be interesting.

And I've broken two fingernails so far! Picking up fabric! I hate to see what would happen if I was picking up, say, rocks.


Here's the Slow-Cooker Oatmeal Recipe:

1 c. regular oats (I mixed barley flakes and regular oats)
3 c. water
1 c. plain yogurt (I used homemade; use what you want. You can also substitute milk)
approximately 1/4 c. honey, or your choice of sweetener (I hesitate to say 'to taste', but it really is; the original recipe said brown sugar, but I wanted to make it a bit healthier.)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup chopped almonds, or other nuts

Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker--I used the 2qt. bowl for mine and it worked fine, but this recipe is also very adaptable and should be easily doubled--and cook on Warm overnight. (The original recipe said to cook on Low 4 hours or overnight, but I think warm should work fine, because my oatmeal was boiling by 2am.) If you don't have a slow cooker, evidently you can also just mix up the ingredients and put them in a covered pot overnight and warm it up in the morning. I might have to experiment with that, though, to see if it really works.

The surprising thing is that this only uses 1 cup of oats. If you like your oatmeal a bit more oatmeal-y, instead of gluey, then use more oats and maybe do a daytime version to see if it burns or sticks. I'm thinking that on warm it should be fine, but who knows? :)

Comments

Popular Posts