I did manage to sleep in my bed last night--I sorted and put away all the sweaters-for-fabric, then sorted out the clothes-for-fabric and the actual fabric fabric, and put them in respective piles. Doing that made the Pile seem less imposing, so I'm actually a bit optimistic this morning.

But no kidding--I don't need any more sweaters this year.

A while back--at last rummage sale, I think--a lady from church gave me a paper grocery bag full of serger thread and regular thread. I hadn't really looked in it until now, except to thread my serger when it arrived, but I sorted out the thread this morning (after hanging my thread shelf back up on the wall) and ended up with 36 cones of serger thread, a plastic grocery bag full of regular thread of all colors, and some smaller serger thread as well. So now it's nicely sorted. And other than white thread, which I don't have a lot of (unless I'm missing some somewhere, of course) I shouldn't have to buy thread for the next one hundred years!)

I did have to add the shelf I made out of wooden plant flats because I needed something small to put in that empty spot (and I needed additional space for more damned sweaters as well) so that's where it went. My extra thread and the serger thread fits perfectly on the top shelf--the large plastic containers I bought at the auction last weekend fit like they were made to fit there--and there's room on the floor beside the shelves for my bead containers, too. So I guess all I can really say is so far, so good.

I jammed my thumb really good yesterday while trying to shove the piece of wood under the bookcase and lift the bookcase on top of the piece of wood at the same time last night--there wasn't room for two people, or I would have called Bekah to help, honest--but other than my fingernails, that's the only casualty so far. *crosses fingers*

Onward.

Comments

Popular Posts