So since it's so nice outside, I decided to go out back and check for asparagus (none yet, darn it) and pull out the dead kale and broccoli.

Only, after I pulled out one kale stalk, I thought to myself, hey, that's awfully heavy for a dead stalk--

and I took a good look at the other kale plants, which are not dead.

Yes, my kale plants survived the winter. Somehow. On the west side of the house. They haven't sprouted out yet, but they are, most definitely, green and alive.

Maybe that would be a good place for a cold frame, hmm?

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay! Kale seeds for you, if you want them. :) I'm hoping that the weeds I left in the ground last year are dead.
Jennifer said…
Kale seeds would be great, although obviously I shouldn't have bought any this year to plant. Oh well!

I need to pull up my dandelions. THIS WEEKEND.

Popular Posts