Today at the grocery store, I turned down the pasta aisle and saw a woman standing in front of the fresh pasta display. She had very short, curly blond hair and she was taller than me. She wore a dark blue coat--one of those double-breasted coats with a belt--it was corduroy, even, and looked, if not vintage, then fairly expensive--and she was wearing a tiered mustard colored skirt that fell about mid-calf. (The coat was right below her hips.) I think she had ankle boots on, even. She wasn't facing me, so I couldn't see what else she was wearing, but she wasn't the sort of person I usually see at the grocery store. She looked like a character out of one of my novels.

I would love to have a coat like hers, though. It was lovely!

Comments

Grey Walker said…
This is why I sometimes think about carrying a camera with me all the time, to capture things like this.
Jennifer said…
You know, I did have my cell phone with me, but I didn't even think about it. I think it would have to be a Secret Spy Camera or something. :)

Popular Posts