I'm not a big texture-iffy person, but the vegetarian split pea soup I made overnight looks... odd. (Odd is too nice of a word, really.) And I smelled it all night and it didn't smell very good, but when I got down to the kitchen, it smelled edible, at least.

Don't get me wrong; it looks like split pea soup and probably smells like split pea soup. But I'm thinking I probably should eat a little of it before I bring it to work to eat (maybe it would taste good with grated cheese on top? Hmm.) because I really don't want to eat out this week.

We'll see how it tastes. I mean, heck, I made and ate white tomato soup and had to close my eyes to eat it because it just looked weird. This split pea soup would probably do well in a soup mug, not a bowl, if you get my drift. ;)

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Yeah, split pea soup is not a pretty sort of thing.

Hmmm.... I'm wondering... I usually don't make it in a crock pot. Split peas are actually a dried thing that >doesn't< improve with looooong cooking.
Jeri said…
It improves when you water the peas the night before you cook the soup.
Split pea soup is a staple over here in Germany. It's been a while since I made it, though.
Jennifer said…
Well, it turned out nice in the picture I just posted. :) I didn't bring it to work, though. But I may tomorrow.

It cooked for about 6 hours; I'd say stopping at 5 would be smart.

Hmm, I will have to try that Jeri! Thanks!

Popular Posts