Hmm.

I'm attempting to rearrange the living room (for the millionth time) and the loom room (natch), so I can fit all my looms, yarn, etc. where it's all supposed to go and have my living room floor cleared as well so I can do yoga again.

I'm running into a conundrum of sorts, however, because my living room has way too much furniture in it, and that doesn't help anything at all. I won't even mention the loom room, which is also filled with furniture.

I thought I had it figured out, with one of the warping tables beside my little floor loom, but there's no space for my arms with that setup, and I would have a hard time actually weaving. Then, I thought I'd put one table at the end of my big floor loom, and slide the pocket door back into the wall and put the other table there, but I don't like that idea either.

Then, I wondered if I really need the papasan chair as well as the papasan loveseat in the living room in the first place, but I already have my poor rocking chair that doesn't have a spot anymore, so it's really not going to work either way.

What do I want to do in that room?

--read
--write (on my netbook)
--watch DVDs
--do yoga
--warp the looms
--weave (on my little floor loom, unless I can come up with a spot for it somewhere else, hahahaha)
--play my fiddle to the CD/practice fiddle

What furniture is in that room?

--one corner cupboard
--two warping tables
--one small floor loom
--one huge cedar chest
--one small chest for yarn (and doubles as a seat)
--one cherry chair
--one bent rocking chair
--one papasan chair
--one papasan loveseat
--one small curved top chest
--one slate topped table
--one TV/VCR/DVD player/Stereo, etc.
--one oak desk/table (in front of the picture window)
--various baskets, etc.
--one wooden swan
--three typewriters and three typewriter cases (the cases are stacked)
--three plant stands/small tables
--one footstool

See what I mean?

The cats have a spot on the oak table/desk that's in front of the picture window, and that's where the wooden swan, one typewriter, and one speaker to my stereo sits.

The cats also have spots on the cedar chest.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The corner cupboard is staying where it is; I like it there, plus I have no other place to put it. If I move the cedar chest to the picture window (it would fit; it's not too tall), then I'd have to find another place for the oak desk/table. Moving the cedar chest elsewhere is not an option; it's massive. You could fit four bodies in there, easily. (The oak desk/table was once a desk, but someone cut the legs down and the drawer is missing. It's Arts & Crafts, though, and really quite nice despite that fact.)

Right now, the papasan chair is beside/in front of the corner cupboard, which isn't a problem since I store my extra stoneware dishes in the bottom of it. However, that's not conductive to sitting in the papasan chair to watch a movie. Last night, I sat in my bent rocking chair.

If I, say, moved the papasan chair somewhere else (where?), then that only relieves part of the problem. Since there are two very wide doorways (the pocket doors and the pillars doorway) plus a large picture window plus a regular window plus a radiator, I really can't fit all of this furniture in this room and still have space to do what I want with the room itself. It's just not working. At all.

I couldn't fit another piece of furniture in this house if someone gave me one for free. I swear!

Comments

Popular Posts