Aha! The saucer bowls are perfect for oranges!


So I'm home from the auction now, and I'm sure you all want to know what I bought, don't you?

Well, I didn't come home with a whole bunch of stuff, but enough, let's just say. I bought more stuff out in the barn than I did inside.

I came home with a wicker storage thingy that is really kind of cute; it folds out from a cube shape so you can access four 'bins', and the top bin has a lid. I actually initially bought this for the cats, but I think (after looking at it) that I might just keep it for storage. It's not very big when folded, and if I use it for what I intended to use it for (it needs to be cleaned a little, and I wanted to store my fiber in it for spinning, as well as some extra yarn) then it will work great for that.

With that, I bought a tall stool like table; I think it could be used for either a stool or a table. It's rather small, though, and easily stored away, so that's good. Total for both was $6.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought that it might be a good idea to find a corner shelf to put in a specific place. I can't (of course) remember where that was now, but I bought a nice heavy corner shelf to put in that place once I figure out where I intended for it to go. I haven't actually walked into every room to see if something jogs my memory yet; it could be upstairs for all I remember. But it's a nice one. That was $8.

Then, they opened a trunk that was out in the barn, and oops! Someone forgot to empty it. It had three old quilts and two blankets in it. I ended up with two of the old quilts for $5 each.

I also bought a box full of Corning Ware, some odds and ends, and a pie plate for $5. I really wanted the Corning Ware and the pie plate. I love using the pieces I have, and I think I have lids for everything I bought today, so that works out well. (If there aren't lids in the box; I haven't checked yet. The stuff I don't want in the box will go to the rummage sale or a yard sale.

But it was so cold outside that my fingers were burning when I came back inside. Yikes!

Inside, I ended up spending $22 on a painting of a waterfall and forest scene, which will look nice hanging on my wall. And then, I liberated two harmonicas from a box Dad bought. I also ended up with a bag of vintage hats and a bunch of silk thread (I'm not sure what the thread is for, actually; I have to go through the bag and see.) And I bought a display case of costume jewelry for $20 to sell; I'll keep the display case and use it at Burlington next year for small stuff.

And that's it. That's enough, believe me. There were no cookbooks or any other interesting books. And I did not bring home any fabric, other than the quilts. I'm happy with that.

Comments

Popular Posts