Had another odd dream last night... I seem to be having plenty of dreams lately.

Evidently, I had this McCoy bowl/planter thingy that I used for lunches. I knew it was fairly valuable, but I liked it, so I kept using it even though I could have sold it and made some money.

One day, on my lunch hour, I walked to a yard sale right down the road from work. It took me an hour to find two skirts; the guy had a huge garage full of stuff as well as his entire yard. And I mean, he had stuff. McCoy pottery, Roseville, Depression Glass, it was an antique lovers dream. Of course, everything was priced outrageously too. Flustered, because I was going to be late for work, I accidently left my lunch bag (with the McCoy piece inside of it) on the table the guy was using for a checkout counter.

As soon as I got back to work, I realized my mistake. Somehow, I remembered his address, looked up his phone number, and called him. He said he would keep my bag behind his table and I could come and pick it up after work.

Well, when I got there, my bag was empty. I pitched a fit. And he sheepishly admitted that a lady had picked up my bag, opened it, and had insisted she buy my McCoy piece. He sold it to her for $225.

Well, that was all well and good, but I didn't want the money; I wanted my property back. So I insisted he call the lady and explain what had happened. He did, and she said, "She got a good price for it."

But I didn't want the money. I wanted my property back. And I told him to call the lady and tell her that the sale was null and void, because he didn't have my permission to sell her the piece in the first place. And that's where I left off.

The funny thing was, I couldn't remember (in the dream) what this piece of pottery looked like. It kept changing in my mind. And I would love to know what significance (if any) $225 has.

I have weird dreams. *g*

Comments

Popular Posts