State of the Writer Report 2002:

(While I'm sitting here waiting for auctions to end, I figured I might as well write this up, since I just remembered that I didn't do it.)

Novels sold: 1

Novels in print: (or ebook format) 3

Novels written: Well... let's see. Heart's Desire (complete rewrite from scratch), Fire and Water, AbNo, Lost in Shadows... I really think that's it. Only four? Depressing.

Novels started or worked on throughout the year: Ha. This one's longer. Always Something, Nine Lives and Three Wishes, The Redemption of Joshua Bates, So You Want to be a Vampire, The Ninth Guest, The Darkest Road, Blood and Summer (although this one still might end up a novella), Memory... I think that's it.

Short stories sold: 0

Short stories written: Budget Cuts (which isn't finished yet, so it shouldn't really count, but oh well.)

-------------------

Obviously, it's been a harrowing year for personal issues. Dealing with you-know-who is hard in the best of times, and I'm hoping that next year will be better in every way.

I'm already working on my New Year's Resolutions. There won't be many of them, but I'm going to have at least one in every category of my Goals. (Ah, that reminds me. I need to update my Goal List in stick-to-itiveness.) That shouldn't be hard to do.

One thing on my list for next year, though, is to finish all my unfin novels and get them out into submission. To write more short stories, and do the same. One short story a year sucks. Surely I can do better than that. Say, one short story a month. *g*

Next year will be submission year. And if things go well, next year will be absence of most of my stress year as well. And I won't complain about that.

So, in summation, the State of the Writer is... tired, but hopeful that next year will be better.

Comments

Popular Posts