A long overdue letter...

Dear Lord,

Last year on this date, I wrote you a letter and posted it here. I wasn't in a very good place last year at this time. Things were getting better, but I was still so uncertain about the future.

I'm writing this letter to say thanks. Thanks from the very bottom of my heart. I got a job; I'm paying off the credit cards, and I've survived intact. Wiser, but intact.

There are still a couple of things left over from Before that I'd like to clear up (paying off ebay is one of them) and I can do that now, thanks to you.

Patience does pay off. And constant worrying about those pesky details does not. I think I understand that now.

Things could have been so different. Things could not have worked out at all, but they did. And all my worries were for naught, in truth. Some of the things I worried about did come true, but they weren't nearly as frightening as my mind led me to believe.

I also understand that to worry too much about the future will make me miss the present, and I don't want to do that. I want to enjoy the time I have on this earth and use my time wisely.

And I have you to thank for the time I have.

Have a VERY Merry Christmas,

Love,

Jennifer

Comments

Popular Posts