Sick today. I woke up with a 102 degree fever. :( Not fun. I felt a bit woozy and didn't think I should be on the road, so I stayed home from work and slept it off. Now, with medicine, it's down to 99.8, which is much better. (Without medicine it's 100.9)

So. I came home from work yesterday totally wiped out for no good reason other than I'm sick. I literally couldn't even knit. My fingers wouldn't work. I went to bed around 8pm and had really odd dreams all night long.

Needless to say, I didn't write last night. And I'm not sure I'll finish CtS today... we shall see. It depends on how I feel. (I really don't have much left to write.)

Got two things in my email today: an invitation to Balticon and a $25 gift certificate to Amazon. Yay! On Bryn's recommendation, I purchased Sunshine by Robin McKinley (after reading the excerpt on her website), and two Kathy Reichs books. I think I have enough reading material now.

I should mention that I've read two of the books I bought with my previous gift certificates: The Man Who Found the Missing Link: Eugene DuBois and His Lifelong Quest to Prove Darwin Right by Pat Shipman was a very engaging read, but a bit slow in the beginning. Since I've always been a bit of a rockhound, I really enjoyed DuBois' search for the missing link, and especially the photos of his fossils, which ended up taking over an entire veranda of his house. :) I like nonfiction books that read like fiction, and this was no exception.

The other one I've finished was The Mythic Journey: The Meaning of Myth as a Guide for Life by Liz Greene and Juliet Sharman-Burke. This one was interesting, if only because it gave parallels into modern day life and relationships using stories from all kinds of mythologies. Not sure if I'll read it again, but it wasn't bad. (And definitely worth $3.98. :)

And I did finish Charles DeLint's new book, Spirits in the Wires, which might become one of my perennial reads. Not only was it a good book, it also gave me great insight as to why I write what I write. Definitely a must-have for DeLint fans.

And that will be all from me. I'm going upstairs, I think, to write a bit, now that I'm feeling a little better.

Comments

Popular Posts