Closing will not be tomorrow.

I refuse to get all fired up about this. It will happen eventually.

I went to both Goodwills this morning/afternoon, and brought home the following treasures:

1 cashmere sweater (of course)
3 J. Crew sweaters (one button-down in black, one v-neck in red, and one cashmere/wool blend in aqua)
1 red v-neck sweater
1 humungous black angora blend sweater that will probably end up being my favorite sweater in the whole wide world, just because it is soooo cool.
1 pair of Levi's carpenter jeans. The same brand, style and size that I made into Capris, but I'm keeping these long.
1 basket that matches three other baskets I have, which means I have four baskets in alternating sizes now.
3 stoneware mugs of various origins. One has flowers painted on it, one has zigzags. One was made by someone named Trina in 2004.
1 wooden cutting board in the shape of an owl.
1 zip-up brown sweater with flowers on it for my sister Emily for her birthday.
1 old-fashioned (but brand new) bread maker (not machine, this is hand crank) that retails for $45-$50
and 1 Brush McCoy planter, in white.

I think that's it.

Vicki was nice enough to send me a gift certificate to Amazon, and I bought Going Postal, the new Discworld book, and Dare to Repair.

And the shoes I bought myself for my birthday came today as well. A pair of brown Teva ankle boots (I'm wearing them now and they are comfortable) and a pair of black Earth shoes that also fit just great and will look quite nice with my skirts and dresses. Finally.

Other than that, I've been crocheting, and I'm going to write tonight. All in all, a good birthday so far.

Comments

Popular Posts