Yesterday was the last Burlington. Dad and I went, and again (of course) I managed to bring home good stuff without spending a boatload of money. (In truth, I didn't find a thing until we'd been there for three and a half hours. But once you find something and your hands are getting full, you invariably find something else, and then something else, etc., etc.

I am now the proud owner of a floor lamp (brass and metal with original shade, including the milk glass shade inside) for $10, one of my Arabia bowls for $15, two quilts at $5 each (we used them to keep warm, as it was a bit cold yesterday), a set of four metal canisters shaped like pumpkins (Dad and Mom swear they are oranges, but I'm going with pumpkins) for $5, a print that I really want to find more information about for $30 (Dad bought it for me for my birthday and it reminds me a bit of John Bauer's paintings), a set of four pyrex bowls in my sister's favorite pattern for $20 (Dad bought these too for her birthday) and that's about it.

I didn't have any floor lamps before, so I do now. So that's nice. And everything else was just priced right and I couldn't pass it up.

Hopefully, closing is tomorrow at 2:30pm. Will update when I know for sure.

Comments

Unknown said…
Re: closing.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Popular Posts