The table was made by the Nash, Knox, and Farrell Manufacturers of Tables in Goshen, OH. It is signed by Knox. We haven't been able to find out anything about them at all yet. It came with four chairs, in a style Dad says is Empire Style, and probably older than the table. He thinks the table was made around the Civil War. (We watched Cold Mountain tonight, so that was appropriate.) The chairs are lovely, too, with scrollwork on the tops. They need to be upholstered.

This means, of course, that I am definitely getting rid of the dining room set. So if anyone would be interested in a nice Broyhill dining room set with six chairs, one table with a leaf, a china cabinet and a hutch, let me know. Ít was made in the mid-to-late 60s, and is in good condition for its age. I can provide pictures after I move it (ugh.)

Oh, and earlier today Dad and I managed to fit an organ (yes, an organ, you heard me right) in Storage. The only thing I took out of Storage was a quilt to be used as a table cover at the craft shows. It is a Beckwith organ, in walnut. In fact, it matches the table.

Storage continues to amaze me with its capabilities to stretch space. It's like the Library at Unseen University in that respect.

What I want to know is why I am finding all this appropriately priced appropriate furniture all of a sudden? (Knock on wood.)

Today I also passed up a hutch from the 20s for $50. It was okay, nothing special, but I really don't have any place to put it and trying to wrestle it up into Jessica's room (which is quickly becoming full) wasn't going to be possible. The table, with six leaves, btw, was hard enough.

Comments

Popular Posts