We have a screen door on the porch that has a decorative metal screen protector on it. A few weeks ago, one side of the barrier came loose, and it flapped every time someone opened the door. Dad fixed it once, and then the screw came out again.

Yesterday, the other side came loose as I was walking inside. Since Dad was away on a business trip, I decided to fix it myself before someone got hurt. While out in his workshop rooting around for nails, the phone rang, and as I ran into the house to answer it, the loose bar on the screen protector jammed itself into my breastbone.

I now know how vampires feel when they are staked. *g*

Luckily for me, it wasn't very sharp, but I'm going to have one heck of a bruise. It's sore all the way around the nice little mark I have on my chest. (In the shape of the flat bar, of course.)

After I stopped believing I had broken something, I hammered both sides into the wood using the biggest nails I could find. It's not going to come loose again.

Comments

Unknown said…
Ouch! Sending a healing dance your way.

Popular Posts