Yesterday, I formatted Peace, Goodwill, and Rotten Eggs, the only Jacob Lane Christmas Story, created a cover, and sent it to Kinkos to be printed. Hopefully it won’t cost an arm and a leg. I did manage to cut it down page-wise.

I’ve been asked to be a presenter at the Maumee Valley Writers Conference this spring. I feel like a horrible fake for accepting, because what do I know about writing urban fantasy or writing YA books? Other than the fact that I write them, that is.

This whole imposter feeling comes from the usual place, of course. That place is where my fear of failure resides as well as my fear of being exposed as a fake. After all, it’s not like writing is difficult for me. Not really. And to be able to make money doing something so easy, so fulfilling seems too good to be true.

So I keep thinking that someone will stand up and expose me, or take the pleasure away and actually make it work. And I don’t want that to happen, because it would make my life miserable.

Sorry. Presenting at this conference is going to be interesting, to say the least. And it’s not until March, so I have until then to think up a plan for what I’m going to talk about. (I promise not to say ‘ummm’ too many times.)

Other than that, life continues as usual.

Comments

Unknown said…
Support vibes sent your way.

Popular Posts