Got a phone call from my PO while we were out tonight. Looks like next Friday might just be the day... which works for me! I have to call her back tomorrow morning. Yay!! Of course that means I'd have to ask off for Friday, but that should be okay.

Went to Goodwill. Of course since I have no money, I found a bunch of stuff. Of course. Three cashmere sweaters, one slag glass hanging lamp, one table lamp that is just too cool (I'm going to have to post a picture of it tomorrow), some matching pots for almost the rest of my cacti, and I think that's it.

A lot of the cashmere sweaters I'm finding lately have some history. One of the ones I found tonight was made in Scotland for the John Shillito Co. It's probably older than I am, and in perfect condition except for a small tear right on the seam under one arm. Easily fixed. It's tan in color and quite soft. The second one I found is a dark loden green button down sweater made in Scotland for Barrie. It smells faintly of mothballs and has one small pinhole (easily repaired.) The third one is coral in color, and I'm not sure if I will wear it. It's short sleeved, with a collar and a v-neck if that makes sense, and made by Pringle of Scotland for Todd Bros., Cincinnati, OH. I'm thinking they all came from the same donor.

Oh, and I found some yarn too. Vintage acrylic, but still interesting colors.

Comments

Popular Posts