This weekend sped by in a blur. I can't believe it's so close to Christmas, and I haven't gotten my one Christmas knitting present finished yet. I really have to work on that. Tonight, perhaps.

I also have to make Mom's candy and Dad's cookies and find one more present for Dad. I'm having trouble this year.

Last night, when I returned from Mom's side of the family's Christmas, I noticed it was awfully cold in the house. Well, it turns out that the boiler had stopped working! And it was supposed to get down to 7 last night! (It was 5 according to my car this morning.)

So I called Dad and he came out in the cold, and we had to call the heating guy, who told us to press a button and all was well. But still, I was a bit apprehensive for a little while there!

Needless to say, I didn't go to bed until close to midnight. Dad didn't leave until after midnight. Argh.

But otherwise, things are progressing quite nicely. I'm even whittling down the amount of dishes I have to do by doing at least two strainer fulls a night. (Of course, that's what I have out of Storage.)

Comments

Unknown said…
Ah, the trials and tribulations on owning a home. Don't worry, it gets wor...er...better ;-)

Popular Posts