I have just spent the last two hours on the phone with Dell Support.

What is it with evenings lately? I mean, yesterday evening was taken up by the cat fiasco, and this evening has been taken up by the computer fiasco. (One of the memory sticks died, so they're replacing my motherboard as well? Okay, whatever, just as long as I don't have to pay for it.)

It works with one memory stick just fine, but sheesh. I thought the hard drive had crashed, because it was beeping and I had nothing on my monitor. ARGH.

But I have a knack for acquiring problem computers. My first computer, after all, was a Compaq lemon that gave me illegal operations while playing Solitaire, for god's sake. After I returned it to Staples (under protest (theirs), I had no problems whatsoever.

And the Dell guy did offer to replace my entire CPU, but I decided on the technician. It's under warrantry for a while yet anyway, so if something else goes wrong, it will just take two more hours and I will get a new one then. :)

And it looks like the earliest I'll be in the house is Sunday, if they get finished on Saturday. So much for moving on Sunday. *sigh* I will be cleaning. (Which works, in truth, because I'll have help on Sunday to clean.)

But gosh darn it, I just want those keys in my hot little hands! I want it to be OVER!

Technically, of course, she has until next Sunday to move out. But I really don't see it taking that long. They're starting to move stuff tomorrow morning, and they're supposed to move what's left of her furniture on Saturday. So why wouldn't they be finished by Saturday night at the latest?

I guess I will just plan to go to the Christmas party on Saturday and just wait and see what happens. I'm supposed to call her back on Friday to see how far they've gotten.

Comments

Popular Posts