Let's see.

My St. John's Wort is just about to bloom. I've been waiting for weeks--after the rue started blooming I looked and looked for buds to no avail. Now it's going to bloom! I can't wait!

I chopped down the pokeweed under the porch (again) tonight. It had pulled the plastic whatchamacallit stuff off the porch (the stuff--um. I can't remember what it's called, but it prevents animals and suchlike from getting under there, at least concievably) so I put one of the lengths of picket fence across that spot and made the sweet peas go up it a bit. They are going nutso.

I planted birds' nest gourds, sunflowers, and fancy mix gourds in front of the front porch tonight. I accidentally disturbed some small white bulbs--I have no idea what they were, but there were a bunch of them. I don't think they were crocuses. But they seemed to still be okay, so I put them back and left them in peace.

I have a baby butternut squash! It is about 3 1/2 inches long at the moment.

My zucchini area loaded with buds, and as soon as tomorrow, there will be blooms.

Almost all the perrenial sweet peas I planted in pots have sprouted--and the delphiniums also look great. The forget-me-nots aren't all up yet, there are no wild strawberries up at all, and the catanache (sp?) has a very low germination rate so far, which is disappointing.

I still have apple gourds to plant, but not that many of them. I think I'll end up giving mom the rest of the gourds, because I don't have any more room left, thanks to the sweet peas.

I had a Zebrina Hollyhock sprout in the grass right at the edge of the road. It got cut once, but then it started to bloom, so I tried to save it, but I think its dead. However, I found some on ebay, so I can replace it, at least. Poor thing.

I took a week off of dollmaking, not quite by choice, since I did finish Yolonda this week. But I'm trying to get everything planted, mulched, and situated so I can start doing more maintenance and less earthmoving, if that makes sense. I will be working on that this weekend. In fact, I have a largish list to work on, too.

And last but not least, please send good thoughts and prayers my way at 3pm my time on Monday. I'm not going to say why just yet--some of you already know--but it's potentially good news. :)

Comments

Popular Posts