Yesterday, since it was absolutely lovely outside (And I mean that--cool and overcast in June!) I decided to work outside a bit.

'A bit' ended up as all day, from 10:30am until about 6pm. And I am aching for it this morning. Luckily, all I have to do work-wise is drive to a meeting and back, so it's not that bad.

Anyway, I've been wanting to do something about the well pump area for a while now, because it's what I see (other than the honeysuckle bush from Hell) when I look outside my office window.

And this was not very pretty:I probably should have taken a picture from my office window, since that's what I took of the 'during' project before dark last night, but oh well.

Anyway, after some backbreaking sod removal, herculean efforts at moving Very Large Stones, and a lot of thought, I am to this point at the moment, which is over halfway, but not done yet:


I've uncovered quite a few huge stones, as you can see. And I'm not done yet--the farthest strip of dirt is going to go under the low-hanging branch of the dogwood tree, so I don't have to mow under it anymore. :) And the rocks will ring the entire thing.

It looks better than in the picture--this is taken from the bathroom window upstairs, with screen distortion present.

But I need to run now. Better pictures later!

Comments

Popular Posts