According to my computer, it's 91 outside, but my thermometer says 94 on the side porch. Ouch.

When the wind blows, it's not so bad, but since it's so humid, we've had the air conditioners on all day. So far, the kitchen has only gotten up to 81, and compared to outside, it feels pretty nice. At the moment, it's 80 in my office, because we turned the big upstairs air conditioner off to do some laundry. Or, at least, that's what I'm supposed to be doing. It didn't take it very long to get warm up here, though. :(

I hate to have them on for so long, but the difference in humidity is lovely. Last night when we got home, it was 82% humidity in my hallway--after having the air on for an hour, it had dropped to 72% and the difference was wonderful.

I did get some stuff done outside this morning before it got too hot, and this afternoon when the side of the house was in enough shade for me not to die while working outside. I picked a bunch of green beans (I'm up to 2 1/2 lbs. picked so far), and planted the stuff I bought last week. Then, this afternoon, I mixed up a load of dirt and potted up the stuff that was waiting, including the seedling hardy hibiscuses. The only thing I have left to do outside today is to pull up the rest of the lettuce (it's tough and bolting--I tried to eat some but it was too bitter) and plant the flat of sunflowers I have left. And that's it!

I am not mowing my grass when it's this hot outside. Sorry, neighbors. (They mowed theirs yesterday. Mine's about three inches taller than theirs now.)

Tomorrow is Burlington, where Mom, Dad, and I will wilt, I'm sure, and then later on, the Garden Tour here in town. If I am not dead after Burlington, I'll go on the Garden Tour.

Also on my list for today is to finish the doll from last week and write HD. That's it.

Comments

Popular Posts