The kitchen had only gotten down to 78 by the time I got up this morning, which doesn't bode well for the rest of the day, since it's supposed to be hot again today. Urgh. The high yesterday was a whopping 86 in the kitchen, but we did use both the oven and the stove for supper last night.

I gave Mabel a bath this morning, which wasn't as difficult as it was the last time (October, remember?) but I think she is cooler now. And perhaps I need to give her baths more often, especially through the summer. I don't know. When I start to smell dog, then it's time is what I figure, and that might not be the best way to decide. :) So now she's lying in front of the fan up here and probably quite comfy. Or she seems to be, at least.

I am still kicking around ideas for the doll I'm supposed to be working on today. Doll4Art's July theme is fairy tales, so it will be something from a fairy tale. I'm just not sure what quite yet. I was contemplating Thumbelina, but I'm not sure I could make a doll that small (out of cloth, at least) without going nuts in the process.

So in the meantime, I'm working on Heart's Desire. I want to get this done first. And then, it will be a toss-up between The Seventh Secret and So You Want to be a Vampire. I might finish SYWTBAV first, if I can, just because it's almost 25k already, with a projected length of 45-50k, so that's halfway done at the very most. And since HD is set in the same 'world' as TSS, it would be nice to have a short break before I plunge back in.

For those of you wondering, Cleo is still fine. Her favorite spot seems to be under the wooden chair on the side porch, with a close second of under the shade by the dogwood tree. She lost her collar, though, so I will either have to find it or get her another one. Argh! I need to find a cheap place to buy them, because I'm not going to spend $8 every week to replace them.

This morning, I saw Misty's twin again--a (I think) boy stray cat who isn't quite as skittish as some of the strays, but doesn't seem to belong to anyone either. A week or so ago, I saw him out in the flower garden and thought he was Misty, because although he's a little fatter than her, they are otherwise identical, down to the little white bit on their throats. This morning, I saw him again, and again thought Misty had escaped. If he decides to stick around, that's fine with me; it will give Cleo someone to play with other than Mabel. (Strangely enough, they seem to get along just fine. Maybe she only gets along with other males?)

Anyway, I have to go see if the water has drained from the tub so I can take a shower and get dressed, and then work on HD a bit more as I try to decide what fairy tale to use for my doll this week. Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts