Oops.

I began to get a bit suspicious when the 'butternut squash' plants didn't vine. They were huge, yes, but they weren't vining like the other vining plants were starting to-- and they looked an awful lot like, well--

Zucchini.

I have five zucchini plants. I picked my first two and about two dozen peas this evening with Ethan. It was quite amusing to watch him yell, "Zucchini! Yeah! We have zucchini!!" while brandishing the zucchini over his head like a strange sort of club.

But I have five zucchini plants! And one butternut squash--officially--the one on the end closest to the peppers, of course, is vining into the lawn already, so it needs a trellis.

ARGH! I mean, don't get me wrong. I love zucchini, especially when it's young zucchini. I like fried zucchini and raw zucchini. In fact, I ate most of the smallest zucchini for supper tonight (at 9pm, even.)

But five plants?! What am I going to do with all those zucchini? There are probably close to a dozen already growing, not to mention the two I already picked.

Oh boy.

I think I'm going to try to make zucchini pickles. That should take care of a lot of them. :)

Comments

Popular Posts