We haven't had to use the air conditioning all week (yet), but it's supposed to be 90 today, so we'll see how the house feels when I get home from work. The nice thing has been the drop in humidity, because it can be 87 and not feel like it at all. It's a bit more humid today, though.

Last night, while making Pamesan Zucchini for supper, I went to shake out the parmesan cheese and nothing happened. So, like everyone else does, I smacked the bottom a couple of times and shook it really good. Still nothing. I turned it upside down and hit it again, still nothing.

Around that time, Pooh decided to puke on the floor. I was in the process of telling Mabel not to go near it when I hit it again--on the stove--and then felt cool, gritty stuff gush all over my toes, the floor, the stove, and everywhere else.

The bottom of the cardboard can came off. About 8 oz. of parmesan cheese was in drifts on the floor, in piles on the stove knobs, in every crevice...

Argh!

I didn't hit it that hard. Not any harder than I've ever hit any other container of parmesan cheese. I don't think I'll buy the cardboard cans anymore!

So I had to clean that up... sheesh.

I picked three zucchini last night, too. I think I'm up over 3 dozen now. At least it feels that way!

Comments

Popular Posts