Another hot, hot, hot day yesterday, and gee, guess how hot it's going to be today? (Yahoo says a high of 95! Argh!)

I gave in and opened my windows last night and put the fan in the window--at least by the time I got up this morning, I was comfortable. Short of leaving the air on all night long, that's the only thing I can do. We'll just deal with the added humidity when I get home from work today and turn on the air. It's going to be like this all week long, so finding a compromise between being too hot with low humidity in the house and being able to sleep comfortably with high humidity is a good thing.

I refuse to mow my grass until the weather breaks. I am not going to kill myself or collapse from heatstroke for grass.

Burlington was hot, but I survived, and by taking preventative non-asprin before I got a headache, I managed to live through the day without too much trouble. And we had ham and beans at Mom and Dad's last night (along with cherry pie and blueberry pie, yum!) to celebrate the first picking.

I got a huge jar of old buttons, a cane, some knitting needles, and a cool oak chair at Burlington. I just didn't see much of anything else that I wanted to lug home in the heat. But at least the blue raspberry snowcone helped. :)

I have to finish getting ready for work, so I'll write more later if it's cool enough up here to turn on the computer this evening.

Comments

Popular Posts