Tonight's fun was brought to my house by a very friendly stray dog who had been seen wandering the neighborhood for two days, was desperate for a drink of water, and loves cats:


Those are natural wrinkles, by the way. And he is a cutie. Not neutered, either. At the moment, he's tied out in my backyard. If he's still there tomorrow morning (meaning: if he hasn't chewed through the rope) I will call the dog pound to take him away, because I'd rather him go there and have a chance at living than end up dead on the street.

He is not very big at all. Mabel is gigantic compared to him. He looks like a cross between a dauschund (sp?) and a shar-pei. Or maybe he has some basset in him, but his bark doesn't sound like a hound dog at all. So I don't know.

I tried to foist him off on Mom, but she figured he has a home somewhere. I even walked up the street to ask the neighbors without any luck at all.

While I was out taking pictures of dogs that aren't my own (and Mabel is jealous, of course), I took a picture of the garden as of now:

Here is a picture with me standing on the sidewalk in front:

Those are the monster zucchini on the right.

Comments

Popular Posts