I took a break of two hours to finish reading Unseen Academicals in my nice clean living room with four out of five cats. I'm glad I finished reading it. It was very good. (I want to say, as usual, but there isn't anything 'as usual' about Terry Pratchett, after all. *grin*)

Now, sweeping. And balling yarn. And trying to figure out a place to store it. I'd like to put all the wool yarn together, but we'll see about that.

I've washed all but one of the quilts and blankets I kept piled up for the cats. I'll put that one in the wash in a minute here, but I just took the last two out of the dryer. They're patchwork quilts, not worth much, but someone took the time to make them, probably back in the 40s-50s. The batting is usually an old blanket--I have one quilt with another, older quilt, under it, and then a blanket for batting of the original quilt. It lives upstairs in my bedroom because it's one of my favorites.

Strangely enough, when I put these two quilts in the washer, I heard a clunk. I took them out, thinking that there was a cat toy somewhere between the folds, but I couldn't find anything, so I dismissed it and they went through the washer and then into the dryer. (Contrary to popular belief, you really can wash these old quilts. I wash them on delicate and dry them on low heat. Works every time.)

But anyway, I kept hearing a clacking sound coming from the dryer. I didn't find out what it was until I took them out of the dryer to fold.

One of the cats (probably Loki, because he's the only one with the talent to carry marbles in his mouth) had hidden a marble inside one of the quilts. A little touch of The Princess & The Pea, there. :)

Comments

Grey Walker said…
A marble!? That's so funny.

Popular Posts