So last night I went to bed a bit early, and I was fast asleep when I heard this god-awful racket outside. For a minute, I thought someone had slid down the hill again (off the road behind my house) and the noise was the tow truck trying to get them out.

But it kept going. Scccrrraaaappppee, back up, scccrrraaaapppee.

I looked at the clock. It was after midnight. What the heck? So I got up out of my warm bed, walked to the front of the house, and saw someone scraping the parking lot of the church across the street.

Past midnight. On a weekday. And we didn't even get that much snow.

I was really tempted to call the police and ask him to stop, since he was disturbing the neighborhood. I saw quite a few lights flicker on in various houses while I was watching.

This went on for over thirty minutes before he finally finished and drove away.

Argh!! Some of us have to get up in the morning! :(

Comments

Popular Posts