So I wanted to make split pea soup this weekend and I forgot. (I really don't think I've ever actually eaten split pea soup, by the way, but it sounds interesting. I have a recipe and everything.) I figured I could just put it on while I was at work tomorrow, but then, what do I eat for lunch tomorrow? I only have two pieces of pizza left from yesterday.

But then I made succotash* for supper tonight, and I have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow, so that dilemma is gone.

And then I realized that I could easily make it overnight. Not tonight, I don't think, but tomorrow night, definitely. I might just make a half batch just in case I don't like it, but the dried peas I bought at the Amish store are so pretty and green... :)

(I made pudding tonight, too; yummy chocolate pudding from scratch.)


*using my Christmas lima beans and some of the little ones I also grew. They took a little more time to cook, but it was well worth it. I am definitely planting more of them this year!

Comments

Popular Posts