Well, the auction was cold, but not terribly so. Of course, I wore my warmest hat, my warmest scarf, my Carhartt coat (and boy did I fit in with that; I've never seen so many Carhartt coats together in my life), my warmest sweater, two pairs of socks, two pairs of tights (like silk layering tights, only bamboo) two pairs of socks, and my sheepskin-lined boots. I was quite toasty. :)

There was only one violin, and I didn't buy it. I think it would have cost too much to fix, and I don't need more stuff to fix around this house.

However, I did buy two boxes of cookbooks and a box of gardening books. I had to wait until the Very End for those. I also bought two chairs, a box of clear glass Arcoroc plates and saucer-bowls (I'm not sure; are they bowls? Saucers?), a small wooden stool, another box of dishes that someone else basically stole, although I'm sure it was an accident, some poker chips, and a type a tune typewriter toy, which is like a cross between a xylophone and a typewriter. I got three glass-fronted cabinet doors, a large walnut mirror, and two wooden chairs as well. Total spent was right around $60, which was over my limit by $10, but the books were $10/box, and I didn't want to give them up when I won the bid. (And they're worth that, definitely. I shouldn't have a problem making my money back and then some on the ones I don't want.)

In the box of cookbooks was a binder full of cookbooks that were published in a church bulletin in the mid 1970s, along with quite a few other interesting books, like Cookin' with Dr. Pepper. Haha. Obviously, I won't be keeping that one. There are some nice books in the bunch, though. :)

(There was also a Catholic Food Manual to feed 6-600 in the bunch, but Dad claimed that one for Mom, and I just looked it up on addall.com and maybe I shouldn't have let him have it! Oh well, haha!)

So anyway, I'm home now, and I need to bake bread, among other things, so I'd best get to work.

Comments

Popular Posts