So I have this bread machine cookbook, which is six cookbooks in one, and has over 600 recipes. I don't use it just for the bread machine because the recipes are infinitely adaptable, and I've used quite a few recipes out of this book over the years. It's one of the core cookbooks in my kitchen.

Today, I decided to try a new recipe: Oatmeal Sesame bread, because it sounded interesting and heck, it's Saturday and I only have to make one other loaf of bread this weekend. (And Oatmeal Sesame? I mean, you don't usually pair up oatmeal with sesame seeds. So I was curious as to how it would turn out.

I'm impressed. The sesame seeds give it just enough flavor to complement the oatmeal without becoming overwhelming. And while I'm not usually a fan of cinnamon in bread (unless it's actual cinnamon bread, that is), for this recipe, it's perfect.

I made this one in the bread machine because I was busy elsewhere, and the crust is crunchy without being too hard; it's a very crisp and crumbly crust. I'll definitely make this recipe again.

Comments

Popular Posts