I wanted to go to the Amish store this weekend sometime, so it was today or Monday, and we decided on today. So Mom, Dad, Em, Elsa, and I drove to the Amish store, where I ended up spending my $50 giftcard plus $5.15 on lots of things like cheese, coarse cornmeal, wheat berries, some spices, farina, split peas, lentils, and a bunch of other stuff. (Although after the fact, I realized that I could so easily grind my own cornmeal. Perhaps I will plant some cornmeal corn in the garden this year; perhaps along one side. Hmm.) So I'm stocked up on cheese now, among other things. Some of my dry goods jars were looking rather empty, and I used up the last of my farina for breakfast this morning*.

Now, I'm going to put everything away, then sit down and eat the cherry turnover I also bought, and then work in the kitchen for a bit, I think. I want to make cracked wheat bread this week, (hence the reason why I bought wheat berries.) And I have a recipe for Split Pea Soup that I want to try, too.


*If you don't know what I'm talking about, farina is the same thing as Cream of Wheat. Only a lot cheaper at the Amish store. Like about half price vs. buying the box of Cream of Wheat at the grocery store.

Comments

Popular Posts