The annual chili cook-off at St. George's church was tonight. (That will make two chili cook-offs I'm going to go to this year! Wow.) It was fun! I didn't get near the bonfire this year, and I left a bit early (9pm) but still. The chili was, as usual, wonderful. Although I was only able to eat one spoonful of the hottest chili.

Working on crocheting hats, now that I have a source for cool yarn. Tomorrow I hope to finish up the chokers, at least; I now have 23 chokers to sell and want to have around 50. So we'll see. I've already crocheted one hat, using Lion Brand chunky homespun yarn in variegated colors that remind me of fall (with pink flecks, even...) and a mix of mohair and wool yarn from my basket, maker unknown. In fact, most of the yarn I own is maker unknown.

I am almost finished with another hat, this one pure mohair in a nice dark green. Not hunter green, but more of a dark teal without much blue. If that makes sense. Very soft, and utterly wonderful yarn to work with.

I should post a picture of my angora hat I made last winter. It's bright blue--the color Skade likes to wear, even--and so soft I'd like a pillow of angora. Let me tell you, for a single-ply hat, it kept my ears warm throughout the winter when I wore it. Which bring me to another point.

I don't usually wear hats. At all. But the ones I'm making almost make me want to wear them, just because they're so cool. Every one is different, because of the yarn I use. And they're so fun to make.

Oh, and I know Em is probably going to read this and ruin everything, but Elann.com had organic cotton yarn!! For cheap!! So I bought a bunch of it, and I might just get to that afghan I kind of promised to make her a couple of years ago. Hey, Christmas is a-coming, right?

Comments

Popular Posts